Recently I hurt my wrist by doing a back bend, an injury I never saw coming to be honest. Three days ago, I sprained my right wrist after dance so now I have to wear a brace similar to the ones weightlifters wear. Even though I’m in an immense amount of pain, I still manage to smile. The silver lining in this situation is I can still do the one thing I love to do. I can still hold a pencil. I can write words on a piece of paper. I am able to type on the computer. I am able to pen a story and write a blog entry. For that I am grateful. So I came up with an idea. I wanted to list off a few of the many things I am grateful for even though some of this doesn’t exactly pertain to writing.
- I am still able to write and blog. If I couldn’t, you wouldn’t be reading this post right now.
- I have amazing friends and a great family, an extremely caring and incredibly supporting bunch.
- I am glad that my doctor has been so honest with me about everything. It is quite satisfying to know that I won’t be in pain forever. The doctor says my wrist should heal in six weeks. I’ll hold him to his word.
- This one may make me sound delusional but I am grateful for all the naysayers, the haters, and anyone who said I could never do this. Because of you I am stronger, better, and happier.
- I give thanks to all the authors, writers, bloggers, poets, novelists, and anyone else I may have missed for being an inspiration to me.
- I am indebted to all my readers, followers, and fans that follow this blog along with my journey and growth as a writer. Thank you!