Summer is almost here! I can’t believe time has passed by so quickly. I am definitely looking forward to being more productive this summer by writing, reading, dancing, and blogging more. Exams (for me) start next week but I have already started to plan out what I am going to do after exams.
So without further ado, I will generalize my plans to suit the title of what writers should try to do or at least think about doing during the summer months. When summer comes, you won’t be bored.
- Start a blog if you haven’t already
- If you do have a blog, continue maintaining it by posting frequently
- Start a Twitter account if you haven’t already or continue making a prescence for yourself online
- Organize your gigantic collection of books
- Submit work to online contests/competitions and everywhere possible because you never know what may come out of it
- Clean your work space up to declutter your mind
- Write a novel or two
- Learn a new skill you always wanted to learn, whatever that may be
- Take some time and reward yourself doing whatever makes you happy (e.g. yoga, knitting, cooking)
- Practice your craft, hone your skills, and sharpen your pencils
- Keep a journal or diary for the entire summer
- Make mistakes and learn from them
- Catch up on some sleep for all the nights you stayed up late to meet a deadline
- Try to believe in yourself, in your voice, in your work, and in everything that you do
- Read, read, read!