Just another list of things you should know about writers.
Click here to read: 10 Things You Should Know About Writers
- We do weird stuff. Get over it. Stop rolling your eyes. If you like us for us, we’ll like you for you. Embrace our quirks, our flaws, and our idiosyncrasies. And no, writers won’t change for anyone.
- We will criticize and sometimes correct your grammar, your word choice, your spelling, etc. If you don’t like it, we can’t do anything about it. But when you criticize us make sure you know what you are talking about. We don’t mind your opinion as long as your opinion is a valid one. Most likely, the writer is quite knowledgeable or maybe even an expert backed by years of competent, practical, and professional experience when it comes to grammar. Take what we say seriously.
- We make mistakes too. Just like you. Don’t be so surprised if you catch an error in our writing. We aren’t perfect or all knowing. Although, writers do strive to make their work perfect even the best writers miss things from time to time.
- We don’t write for money, for fame, or for special benefits. We could end up as a starving artist for all we care. We would be happier starving and writing than stinking rich and unhappy.
- We write every day because we need to write. We have to write. We love to write. Otherwise, the writer would explode like a volcano. Be warned. So the next time you invite a writer to go anywhere, would you be ever so kind to tell them a month in advance? That way, he or she can finish their novel without feeling like a bad friend for declining your invitations all the time.
I am off to continue with day 2 of Camp NaNoWriMo. Yes, I am declining invitations to go anywhere. I’ll get back to you in a month.
One thought on “5 More Things You Should Know About Writers”