Why is WordPress so great? I’ll tell you why.
- The followers are extremely loyal. Some bloggers have a you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours mindset but for the most part, if someone follows your blog, they’ll follow forever. Or at least for a long time. Twitter users, on the other hand, follow with the expectation you’ll automatically want to follow them back. And if you don’t within a reasonable amount of time, they’ll simply unfollow you. Unless you are a celebrity. In this case, you probably won’t follow back unless your followers are celebrities too. Perhaps you’re even lucky enough to have a famous sister, brother, cousin, father, mother, uncle, aunt, do I need to go on? Like I said, WordPress has thousands of loyal supporters regardless if you’re well known or nobody of significance. I hope I don’t jinx it by saying this. For the most part, everyone who has followed my blog hasn’t unfollowed. Not that I’m aware of at least.
- Hours of time can be spent on WordPress. While this may not be a good thing from time to time, I am guaranteed to never be bored when I have access to WiFi. Although, many can spend hours on Twitter at a time, I’m a text person. The more text, the better so long as the text is interesting and well-written. There is no other site out there likes this one that encourages text over graphics or visuals. Time files when one is WordPress. Be it blogging, reading, or commenting.
- Educational and informative blogs with educational and informative articles can be found with the click of a button. I’ve learned so much from my fellow bloggers whether they’re professionals or amateurs, full-time or part-time posters. There is a wealth of information at your fingertips. If you have a thirst for knowledge about anything from sewing to gardening to writing, WordPress is a great place to start.
- Everyone is friendly and the WordPress community feels like family. A home away from home. A family away from family. A community away from community. You belong. You fit right in. What could be better than that? Bloggers are lovely people which explains why the community support here is unmatched to any other social media platforms.
- For the most part, this social media platform makes blogging easy. Starting an account is simple. And navigating around isn’t too hard. You can learn the ropes on your own by experimenting or by reading tutorials. Whichever method you choose, soon enough blogging is a breeze. And maybe you’ll love it as much as I do. While many people say WordPress is difficult and complicated, but it doesn’t take a genius to figure the controls out. Besides, you don’t need much computer experience or technical know-how to use the site.
Best of all, it’s free!
So what do you love about WordPress? Feel free to add your ideas in the comment section below.