Reasons why I’m posting my poem here:
- Publicity is publicity. Bad publicity is still publicity. Good publicity is great publicity.
- I haven’t posted poetry in a long time for several reasons. Main reason? I’m not a proficient poet. Never will be.
- On the other hand, I am a top ten finalist so this isn’t the worst thing you’re about to read if you choose to.
- The message (end youth violence) is one I advocate and support completely.
- Finally, I still can’t come up with a decent title and I was hoping this blog post would give me some inspiration. Hasn’t happened yet.
This is the contest: End Youth Violence
You can find this on their Tumblr-York Regional Police where the image is bigger and thus, easier to read.
By the way, I stole the caption from YRP since they said it so wonderfully. I am “hopeful for a future where youths don’t need to resort to violence” because why would you, when you have words?