- Think about your project for (Camp) NaNo days and sometimes months in advance.
- Jolt awake on March 31st or June 30th or October 31st because you realize there are X amount of hours left, yet you are wholly unprepared, despite all the “thinking” you’ve done.
- Attempt to outline.
- Throw away said outline.
- Consider starting another one.
- Stop outlining.
- With half an outline if you’re lucky or nothing but an idea if you’re like me, start typing.
- Convince yourself that you can’t possibly write X amount of words in one day.
- Somehow manage to write more words than you thought you could for an entire month.
- Finish and hopefully win (Camp) NaNo looking like you barely survived a vampire, werewolf, and zombie apocalypse.
- Throw a party…or thirty because no one is judging.
- Procrastinate for the next NaNo even though you know you shouldn’t.
I’m trying to be slightly funny and partially serious. I don’t think I accomplished either.