By “beginner bloggers” I mean myself obviously. I cannot speak for anyone else.
Below are ten of the biggest mistakes I made when I started this blog over two years ago.
- Underestimate the amount of work maintaining a blog takes. I thought writing a blog post would be like eating a piece of cake. It’s sweet when I finally publish a post. Most of the time, I toil away drafting, editing, formatting, etc.
- Not have clear goals in mind. I never went in wanting fame or fortune. Still, it would have been nice to set clearer goals so I didn’t have to be flustered every time I had no idea what to do next.
- Isolate myself from other bloggers by not commenting and interacting. I regret this. I’m sorry I was such a horrible blogger in the beginning.
- Follow back everyone who followed me or liked one of my posts. I followed many blogs and have since diminished the rate at which I click the follow button. Sorry, not sorry. I’m selective, I’m picky, and I can’t possibly keep up with everybody.
- Take the important things for granted. You never know what you have and how good you have it until it’s gone.
- Refuse to ask for help. Thankfully, some kind souls bestowed their wisdom upon me.
- Be impersonal. I must’ve sounded like a human without any personality. Robot Herminia.
- Forget to cherish every part of the journey. Time, where have you gone?
- Not include visuals or pictures. Because I didn’t make it a habit to, I don’t try as hard now. But I am working on it.
- Beat myself up for every mistake. I think I’m getting better at this.
And yes, I still do some of the above.