I have more than eight, but for the sake of time—yours and mine—I’ll just mention a few.
I may sound peeved when discussing my pet peeves, but I’m a pleasant person to be around after I’ve written. I promise.
- Phone calls when I’m writing. That’s Satan’s work right there.
- Waiting on people. If we agreed to meet at 10:30, don’t show up at 10:55. I could’ve written hundreds of words in that time.
- Not writing. More like not being able to write. There’s a reason I haven’t learned to drive yet.
- Pen marks on everything. I’m sorry, mom.
- Smudges. Possibly the bane of my existence.
- Inconsistencies. The world is better off without them.
- Bad pens. I’m picky. What more can I say? Using the wrong pen is dreadful.
- Non-writers. More like people who hate writing and love announcing their hatred to the world.
Tell me your biggest pet peeve so we can complain together.