My tolerance level is low.
- A girl who needs saving. No. Just no.
- Strangers meeting and falling in love within a split second. Seriously?
- Underachievers. Get a goal.
- Someone overestimating him- or herself. Cocky!
- A character who doesn’t seem to have a past. I can’t relate.
- A father abandoning their daughter or son. It breaks my heart.
- Love triangles. I have nothing against triangles.
- A character with a largely unfair advantage. Make it a bit more interesting by levelling the playing field.
- Cliques and clichés. That’s lazy writing at its worst.
- Anyone who hates reading and writing. We can’t be friends.
Yes yes, I know. Some of these aren’t exactly tropes, just random things that occasionally irk me.