There are many reasons why I read and maybe even more reasons why you read.
By no means is this an extensive list. Just the ones I could think of off the top of my head. Also, the list is in no particular order.
- To pass time.
- To escape real life.
- To lose myself in a story.
- To learn about different cultures, ideas, etc.
- To have fun.
- To be inspired.
- To practice empathy.
- To cure my boredom.
- To relax and unwind.
- To improve my writing.
- To remember I’m not alone.
- To give my body a break.
- To stimulate my mind.
- To encounter new characters and worlds.
- To get away from screens and technology.
Why do you read? Feel free to answer that question silently. Or loudly. Do as you please.