As if I’m in any position to tell you what not to do as a blogger. My lack of authority is not going to stop me.
- Don’t be someone you aren’t. Be yourself. Be true to who you are. Be every other cliché I could throw at you but won’t because I’m considerate.
- Don’t isolate yourself. Ill be the first to admit that I did this when I first started out. Don’t be like me. You aren’t on an island. You’re part of a community, an amazing one. So enjoy the company. Comment. Engage. Interact. Most important of all, be kind to others. You’d be amazed.
- Don’t become a jerk. I like to think you aren’t a jerk and won’t become one. Stay awesome.
- Don’t compare. First, we’re all amazing in our own way. Second, you aren’t anyone else. So stop comparing yourself to someone else, to everyone else.
- Don’t worry more than you work. Worrying accomplishes nothing. It just wastes time. Time you could spend working. Getting real important stuff done.
- Don’t neglect your needs. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: You’re a human being, not a machine. Eat healthy. Drink water. Sleep enough. Exercise often. By taking care of both your brain and body, you’ll be a better blogger.
- Don’t make excuses. Easier said than done, I know. But it can be done.
- Don’t force yourself to do anything you don’t want to. It’s okay to put your foot down. It’s okay to say no. It’s okay to do the things you want to do.
- Don’t lie or hide. Please and thank you.
- Don’t do everything else except blog. You’re a blogger. Blog.
You’ll be happier if you don’t listen to me.