Growing up, I fell in love with every aspect of interior design. Before I wanted to be a writer, I wished to work in real estate, preferably as a designer or stager of homes. So I couldn’t wait to buy my own house and decorate it however I wanted. I knew my dream home would include a library or some sort of reading space. More importantly, I would design that room to represent who I am, so it could serve as the perfect place to read and escape from the real world.
Recently, I was inspired by Arhaus to create a post showing my dream reading space and library. They design home furnishings as well as other products. I drew some inspiration from their website. Be sure to check out their Instagram and Pinterest for more ideas.
Afterwards, I decided to make a few collages of some things I would like to have in my ideal room. Enjoy!
My dream library and reading space would include:
- Pendant lighting
- Although I prefer reading in natural light, good artificial lighting is a must. I can’t read if I can’t see.
- A coffee table
- I don’t drink coffee, but I’d like to have a place for my glass of water. Better yet I’d leave snacks lying around. That way I wouldn’t have to leave my reading room for hours.
- I’ve always wanted floor to ceiling shelves full of books. Even then I’m not sure I’ll have enough space.
- An armchair
- As much as I like the idea of reading while standing up, my laziness will inevitably kick in. I need a nice seat because finding a comfortable reading position is already enough of struggle on its own.
- A pretty view
- For some reason I really like the idea of looking out a bay window to see a beautiful view of the city.
How do you envision your ideal library or dream reading space?