In honour of turning two decades old later this month, here are twenty reasons why I'm still a writer.
- I love writing with all my hollow heart.
- I'm not horrible with words.
- I am terrible with numbers.
- Stories have changed my life for better or worse.
- I'll face the blank page over boredom any day of the year.
- Being published is better than not being published.
- Real people aren't as cool as fictional ones.
- Every day is an emotional roller coaster I'm never ready for.
- Other writers keep me from going insane.
- Therapy is expensive.
- I can write alone, by myself, on my own.
- I've learned more from writing books than reading textbooks.
- It's fun to inflict pain on fictional characters.
- I enjoy the suffering of others.
- I can relive experiences as many times as I want.
- Writing provides me some much needed perspective.
- I don't want to talk to people.
- People interrupt me on the rare occasion I do open my mouth to say something.
- Writing makes me happier than anything else in this world.
Why do you write?