Happy December! As a writer, there are many things I want for Christmas.
- A finished manuscript. I seriously need to stop abandoning stories.
- Some new ideas. Sometimes I have too many. Sometimes I don’t have any.
- More time. 25 hours in a day would be nice.
- Small acts of kindness. Is that too much to ask for?
- Peace and quiet. A baby crying nonstop is the complete opposite.
- Someone to retrieve my sanity and bring it back to me. I don’t have any monetary reward, but I’ll dedicate my first book to you.
- More money in my bank account. So I can buy stuff I don’t need.
- A lifetime supply of books. I’m running out of space so…
- Another bookshelf. Too bad my room is too small for that.
- A house with a library in it. And on office.
- The imposter syndrome to go away. Does it ever?
- I’d love for my muse to come back to me. I’m not sure where it’s gone. Probably somewhere nicer and warmer.
- Procrastination can leave me alone. The door is that way. I hope it bites you in the head, you big pest.
- A strong dose of inspiration. The stronger the better.
- I need motivation. Desperately.
- Good sleep. Restful nights where I don’t wake up at an ungodly hour and start to contemplate all of my life choices.
- A better sense of humour. Or someone who gets my sarcasm.
- To see people I want to see and not see people I don’t want to. Knowing my luck however, the exact opposite will happen. I see someone who is a stranger to me more than I see my best friend. The universe clearly enjoys toying with my emotions.
- Patience. Current status: non-existent. I have no idea how people keep calm and collected all the time. I can’t control myself. I’m out of control. Send help.
- I really want to get over my fear of operating a motor vehicle, so I can drive myself far, far away and write for days. That’s my goal in life.
4 thoughts on “All The Things A Writer Wants For Christmas”
That,s quite a Christmas wish-list, Hon. Did you put it all in a letter to Santa?
Aha, I didn’t think of that.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’d love to go on an all expenses paid for writers retreat! – come with me?
That sounds amazing. I’d love to.
LikeLiked by 1 person