Lately, I’ve been moving my books around because I’m not entirely happy with the way they’re displayed on my shelves. But I don’t know how I want to rearrange them exactly, so I decided to write a blog post about different ways you can organize your bookshelves.
Do the author’s last name or first if you’re so inclined. You might even decide to go organize according to the titles of each book. It’s up to you.
Ombré. Rainbow. The possibilities are endless.
Have one shelf for fantasy, one for mystery, etc. This is a good way to see what you like or dislike.
Shelves look more uniform when books are the same size. This is a fact of life. My heart breaks when I buy a novel that doesn’t fit in with the others.
Have your favourite books on one shelf. You can play favourites with novels. That’s totally ethical.
What you’ve read, what you’re currently reading, what you want to read. I have a shelf for all the books I own but haven’t read yet. Without fail, I’ll read a few novels on my to-be-read shelf only to buy many more. I almost always enable my own addiction.
Is it a standalone? A series? Also consider grouping books by the same author together. Because why not?
Paperbacks here. Hardcovers there. Easy, fast, simple. You’re good to grab and go.
By however you want.
Obviously, you can organize your books any way you like. Feel free to use one or a combination of the methods listed above.
Let me know how you organize your books. I’d love to get some inspiration for my shelves. It doesn’t help that I’m starting to run out of space either. But that’s a problem I’ll tackle another day.
So I finally get to explain why my “What I Love” posts are on the 22nd of every month.
Cue drumroll please.
My birthday is August 22, 1997.
I figured it’s fitting to devote a monthly post in honour of something or someone I love. At the very least, it’ll make me more appreciative of all that I have.
Because I’m turning 18 today and I’ll already be a year older by the time this post is up, I’m making a list of 22 concepts/people/things I love. In no particular order, of course.
- Speaking of lists, I love them.
- The number 22 for obvious reasons.
- August. I’m lucky I don’t have to go to school on my birthday.
- Simple Plan. I need to see them play live.
- School supplies and stationery. I’m cheating, I know.
- Shopping. Um, uh…let’s move on.
- Good food. I adore eating.
- Great music. How does anyone hate it?
- Red. It’s my favourite colour.
- Challenges. Bring them on.
- Teachers and mentors. I am indebted to them.
- My family for supporting me and stroking my ego.
- My friends for making me cry tears of laughter and joy.
- My enemies for telling me lies that I will never allow to be true.
- Pens for composing my stories.
- Notebooks for carrying my words.
- Dancing. And all things associated with it like dancers or dance shoes.
- Blogging. Again, anything related to blogging as well. Other blogs. Beautiful bloggers.
- Writing. Creating characters gives me life.
- Reading. Books were my first love.
- Myself. Because self-love is important.
- You! I don’t say this enough though I ought to; I love you.
Never mind the lies I told
Or the stories I forged
To admire love starts with one thing
You can’t build upon a territory without trusting something
Can we go back to the beginning?
Where the leaves changed colour and the birds used to sing
Can we go there once again?