Writers do a lot of awesome things.
- Writers write. On the flip side, we also do everything we can to put off writing as long as possible.
- Writers get ink stains. On everything. No? Just me? I will hold my wallet up proudly for all to see and proclaim my status as a wordsmith. Or just a clumsy child who ruins everything she owns.
- Writers observe. Not to be confused with stalking. The two are not the same. Obviously, if you write, you would know.
- Writers talk to themselves. And to their dogs or cats if they have any.
- Writers make characters suffer. It’s part of our job to.
- Writers fail. All the time. If you haven’t failed and/or been rejected, who are you? You’re not human. At least, you haven’t taken great risks, lived your life.
- Writers drink. Coffee, tea, alcohol. We drink it all. We don’t discriminate.
- Writers read everything. Other people’s books, our own stories. We read a lot of words.
- Writers play with pens. Click. Click. Click.
- Writers dream and daydream. Then we dream some more.
Which of these can you relate to?