I’m not ready for November. For NaNoWriMo. For my midterm on Tuesday.
I’m not ready for anything right now.
So instead of doing something I probably should (like studying), I grab a book and read. Worse, I don’t even grab an assigned book for school.
I mean, you only live once if you don’t read. Especially if you don’t read something you want to read.
I’m really just trying to avoid real life.
I’m okay with that.
As a writer, there are sins you want to avoid at all costs.
- Making excuses. You aren’t too busy. You have the time.
- Copying someone else. You are your own person. You don’t need to steal ideas from anyone else because your brain is perfectly capable of coming up with some yourself.
- Whining. All that time spent complaining can be better spent doing something productive.
- Disrespecting others. How hard is it to respect people?
- Not writing. Words won’t start writing themselves. Forget waiting until you’re motivated or inspired. Forget feeling ready. Just start.
You can do this! You’re a writer, remember?