I know there are no real rules to writing. But, more often than not, I follow the ones below.
- Be concise. Time is too precious to waste any of it not getting to the point.
- Be consistent. Because nothing’s worse than inconsistency.
- Be precise. I hate ambiguity almost as much as I hate ads.
- Be right. I lied. Nothing’s worse than being wrong.
When you know the rules, even and especially the ones you impose on yourself, you’re more than allowed to break them too.
I was scrolling through an app (Writer) I have on my Android phone with past ideas and thoughts of mine. And I found this.
The 3 rules of being a writer:
- You write.
- You don’t break rule number one.
- You don’t ever break rule number one and two.
It’s been so long I don’t remember if I shared this before. If I did, oops. If I didn’t, I’m doing my job correctly.
Anyhow, I hope everyone has (or will have) a wonderful day. To whom this may be applicable to, have a wonderful long weekend.
On another note, I’ll be spending this long weekend writing, reading, and blogging. Perhaps, you will too?