A new year means new goals I’ll try to achieve but probably won’t.
- Read more.
- Review more.
- Write more.
- Publish more.
- Blog more.
- Comment more.
- Create more.
- Dance more.
- Stretch more.
- Exercise more.
- Sleep more.
- Eat more.
- Journal more.
- Study more.
- Work more.
- Give more.
- Smile more.
- Laugh more.
- Love more.
- Live more.
Less is more, Herminia.
What are your goals for the new year? Let me know in the comments below.
I don’t know about you, but WordPress conversations are unlike any other conversations I’ve ever had.
It would take forever to list all my reasons on why I love conversing with all of you. Just know that I do.
Here are a few:
You understand me. Or at least try to.
You like what I like. And sometimes detest the same things I do.
You make me smile. You make me laugh. You make me think. You make me question.
Stay awesome, my friends. Thanks for interacting with me.
Cheers to past conversations and to future ones too.
If you don’t read, what are you even doing with your life? Seriously, get it together. What’s that? You hate reading? Well, I hate you. Same thing.
If you can’t listen, you can’t communicate and if you can’t communicate, you can’t court a writer. It won’t work. Try it. I dare you.
If you like frowning more than smiling, you have a problem. Writers deal with enough negativity as it stands. Must you ruin their lives even more?
If anyone at school asks me about my summer plans, I’ll redirect them to my blog. In particular to this post. Below is a list of ten things I will do over this summer. More so than others.
- Reading. By the time I’m done this summer, I hope to read more than half of the books at my public library. Or at least get through the gigantic pile of novels I’ve been dying to read all year long.
- Writing. My dream is to write one of everything. A short story, an essay, a research paper, a memoir, a novel. My goal? A decent short story.
- Dancing. I need to stay active somehow. Besides, I have to burn off calories and sitting at a desk for three hours just doesn’t cut it.
- Stretching. Since doing the splits isn’t impressive enough.
- Blogging. How long can I go without blogging? Not long. Can I abandon this blog for two months? Ha, I probably couldn’t for two days.
- Eating. Heh, I eat just about anything. Hence the dancing regimen in my summer plans. See number three if you still don’t know what I mean.
- Sleeping. Sleep produces dreams. Dreams produce ideas. Ideas produce stories.
- Editing. Maybe I should call this rewriting. Yeah OK. Give this girl a break.
- Smiling. Not much to be said about this one. Aside from the fact that I like my smile. Or maybe it’s just my straight teeth.
- Contemplating. About everything. The past. The present. The future. Life. Death. Gorillas.