I don’t feel all that motivated right now. I’m in a bit of a slump.
Obviously, there are highs and lows with just about everything in life. I’ve been trying to climb back up since the accident.
It was like my world got rocked upside down. I’ve sort of reverted back to old ways, which isn’t a bad thing in and of itself.
I’m also in a weird transitional time in my life. But I’m ready to move forward and look ahead.
Lately, I’ve been making more time for myself. I spent many hours thinking. Maybe it’s time to act now.
I’m not sure how to describe my current state. I’m better physically, but I’m also more present mentally than I have been in the past. I like to believe that’s a good sign.
In spite of everything, I’m excited to see for what’s next.
I can’t wait to read and review the books on my to be read shelf.
I’m dancing, stretching, and exercising better.
I hope to transcribe a ton of blog posts.
I will send my work into the world, regardless of how many rejections I get.
Baseball is in full swing. Beware all my bad jokes or puns.
By the end of 2018, I don’t want to look back and think it’s the year I got hit by a car. I want to be able to say I accomplished my goals. I refuse to be defined by what happened to me.
Read while squatting.
Write while standing.
Talk while skipping.
Listen while stretching.
Or just get more exercise by actually exercising, Herminia, and not trying to cut corners. Just a suggestion.
Can you tell I’m really, really lazy?
If anyone at school asks me about my summer plans, I’ll redirect them to my blog. In particular to this post. Below is a list of ten things I will do over this summer. More so than others.
- Reading. By the time I’m done this summer, I hope to read more than half of the books at my public library. Or at least get through the gigantic pile of novels I’ve been dying to read all year long.
- Writing. My dream is to write one of everything. A short story, an essay, a research paper, a memoir, a novel. My goal? A decent short story.
- Dancing. I need to stay active somehow. Besides, I have to burn off calories and sitting at a desk for three hours just doesn’t cut it.
- Stretching. Since doing the splits isn’t impressive enough.
- Blogging. How long can I go without blogging? Not long. Can I abandon this blog for two months? Ha, I probably couldn’t for two days.
- Eating. Heh, I eat just about anything. Hence the dancing regimen in my summer plans. See number three if you still don’t know what I mean.
- Sleeping. Sleep produces dreams. Dreams produce ideas. Ideas produce stories.
- Editing. Maybe I should call this rewriting. Yeah OK. Give this girl a break.
- Smiling. Not much to be said about this one. Aside from the fact that I like my smile. Or maybe it’s just my straight teeth.
- Contemplating. About everything. The past. The present. The future. Life. Death. Gorillas.