Surprisingly enough, I can tolerate a few tropes in this lifetime.
- A girl who saves herself. Yes!
- Friends who remain friends. Can I be your friend too?
- Overachievers. Go you.
- Others underestimating the underdog. Prove them wrong.
- A character who is forced to confront their past. There’s a reason why you are who you are.
- An overly protective brother. I will never not love this.
- Love squares. Love triangles are too trite.
- Someone overcoming the odds. I want to give you a big hug.
- Characters with characters. You can’t go wrong with that.
- Anyone who loves reading and writing. Let’s be friends.
Yup, these are pretty much the opposite of 10 Tropes I Can’t Tolerate. How’s that for lazy blogging?
My tolerance level is low.
- A girl who needs saving. No. Just no.
- Strangers meeting and falling in love within a split second. Seriously?
- Underachievers. Get a goal.
- Someone overestimating him- or herself. Cocky!
- A character who doesn’t seem to have a past. I can’t relate.
- A father abandoning their daughter or son. It breaks my heart.
- Love triangles. I have nothing against triangles.
- A character with a largely unfair advantage. Make it a bit more interesting by levelling the playing field.
- Cliques and clichés. That’s lazy writing at its worst.
- Anyone who hates reading and writing. We can’t be friends.
Yes yes, I know. Some of these aren’t exactly tropes, just random things that occasionally irk me.