For the aspiring writers and lawyers out there: if you are a lawyer and you catch a writer doing any one of these (with the exception of maybe number 5) congratulations to you, if you are a writer caught doing any one of these (especially number 5) you should really know better.
5 simple laws no writer, lawyer, or person should ever break in their life.
- Lying. As a writer, your job is to report, write, and speak the truth.
- Cheating. Taking the easiest path usually guarantees failure.
- Stealing. Corrodes your credibility. Diminishes your readership. Enough said.
- Corrupting morals. It is a rarely used charge for a reason.
- Procrastinating. Technically this isn’t a law but while it may be fun for a while you’re only screwing yourself in the end.