So I finally get to explain why my “What I Love” posts are on the 22nd of every month.
Cue drumroll please.
My birthday is August 22, 1997.
I figured it’s fitting to devote a monthly post in honour of something or someone I love. At the very least, it’ll make me more appreciative of all that I have.
Because I’m turning 18 today and I’ll already be a year older by the time this post is up, I’m making a list of 22 concepts/people/things I love. In no particular order, of course.
- Speaking of lists, I love them.
- The number 22 for obvious reasons.
- August. I’m lucky I don’t have to go to school on my birthday.
- Simple Plan. I need to see them play live.
- School supplies and stationery. I’m cheating, I know.
- Shopping. Um, uh…let’s move on.
- Good food. I adore eating.
- Great music. How does anyone hate it?
- Red. It’s my favourite colour.
- Challenges. Bring them on.
- Teachers and mentors. I am indebted to them.
- My family for supporting me and stroking my ego.
- My friends for making me cry tears of laughter and joy.
- My enemies for telling me lies that I will never allow to be true.
- Pens for composing my stories.
- Notebooks for carrying my words.
- Dancing. And all things associated with it like dancers or dance shoes.
- Blogging. Again, anything related to blogging as well. Other blogs. Beautiful bloggers.
- Writing. Creating characters gives me life.
- Reading. Books were my first love.
- Myself. Because self-love is important.
- You! I don’t say this enough though I ought to; I love you.